sticky baby

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Seven weeks, six days and counting

We had our first ultrasound yesterday - yeah! As some of you may know, I was very anxious leading up to this ultrasound. Having read too many websites, I was nervous that all kinds of things might go wrong - no baby, no heartbeat etc. But there was a baby and a heartbeat! Yeah! It was a bit of an ordeal getting to the appointment as we had received confusing directions plus, since I couldn't pee for a couple of hours before the exam, I had to pee really really bad and all the walking around was hellish. But we finally got registered and signed in and they were even able to take us in 20 minutes early, which was a gift to my bladder. The technician's name was also Erin and she had Mark come in at the end and showed us our baby on the screen and showed us the little heartbeat which was easy to see. And only one!! I guess there could still be a twin hiding directly behind the first baby but all signs point to one baby, which is awesome, given the family history of twins.

Anyway, no photo from this one. There wasn't anything to see. It was literally a big black blob (yolk sac) with a small grey blob (baby) inside. The only thing of note was the heartbeat and that doesn't show up in a photo. Anyway, I have another appt scheduled in a few weeks and the technician thought there might actually be something to see at that point.

I also had my first visit with my midwives. The jury is still out on that one, I'm just not sure yet.
Anyway, that's the news!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home