sticky baby

Monday, March 06, 2006

They're not kidding about first trimester fatigue

So in the last week, first trimester fatigue has fully hit me. Left to my own devices on Saturday afternoon I took a two hour nap and woke up feeling every bit as tired as when I went to sleep. Last Thursday I went to the grocery store at 1 in the afternoon and almost started crying because I felt so overwhelmed by trying to figure out what I needed to be eating plus I was so tired I could hardly stand. Today I was at my internship and got really tired around 2:30. By 4:00 I laid my head on my desk to rest but it wasn't good enough. I had this overwhelming feeling of needing to lie down. So I did. I took my coat and bunched it up into a ball for a pillow and laid on the floor of my office and slept for 30 minutes. The floor of my office is not nice. It is hard floor with a thin thin layer of industrial carpet with god only knows how much dirt ground in. But I didn't care. I just had to lie down. I'm just glad I don't office share anymore - that would be embarrassing! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home